What are the advantages of using a local solar install company over an internet based, call centre focused company?
It is recommended to use a local solar power company which checks out your specific installation situation. Please see the points below regarding the advantages of a local installer over an internet based solar company.
- The local installer is more likely to fully evaluate your install situation fully. Do you need a meter board upgrade? What safety gear is required as part of the install? At two storey homes - how do we install the scaffolding etc.
- A local diversified company in the future will more likely be around to service any warranty issues or system upgrades. With some call focused solar companies longevity of the company can be an issue. For example in Australia in 2012 and 2013 over 150 solar companies went bankrupt.
- If your installer is selling you LG solar panels, then in future years LG is very likely to be able to have a local company service the LG panels. If you choose an exotic brand, then maybe the manufacturer has gone out of business or the importer has stopped bringing these panels into NZ. It is recommended to buy brand solar panels from diversified manufacturers like Sharp, LG or Hyundai. That way the 10 and 25 year warranties actually have a meaning.
- Local solar companies will be most familiar with local electricity supply rules as well as knowing which local electricity retailer paying the highest feed-in tariff. Therefore the local solar installer will be able to give you the most up-to date advice. .
- 5. If your local installer belongs to the authorised LG installer network, then he has to install the solar power system to a high standard and act ethically in their business dealings with the customer. If the authorised dealer does not follow these principles LG reserves the right to withdraw the authorisation to purchase the solar panels from LG direct and gain access to product information via special training sessions.